Thank you from your winner – Euan!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Euan to tell us about winning I’m a Scientist, and here is what he said…

To those at the Lead zone,

What a crazy few weeks! I think my fingers are now a few millimetres shorter than they were at the beginning — all the typing I have done has worn them down! It was a fantastic end to the week to hear that I had won the event. I look forward to putting the money to good use and going in to schools to teach students about light, nature, butterflies and chameleons.

It was great to share the Lead zone with such an interesting group of scientists: Stu, Rob, Maheen and Deborah. I learnt a great deal myself by reading the answers they had put to some of the student questions. I hope they all gained as much out of the experience as I have.

I was amazed by the variety of questions that the students asked during the event, and in particular with how insightful they were. I did not expect there to be any questions relating to my research that I hadn’t been asked before, but in fact there were many. It’s really changed my perspective on some aspects of my research area, and I have really learnt a lot from the questions. I would urge the students to hold on to this inquisitive attitude as they progress through education and beyond, it is such a healthy thing to have.

The “I’m a Scientist” event is really something special. This is the first digital outreach event that I have been a part of, and it was much better than I thought it would be. Most of this is due to the organisation and running of the event. I thank all the mod’s who made the event run as well as it did.

Again, thanks to all those involved with the event over the past few weeks – it’s been a blast. And to those reading this wondering whether to apply or get involved, I can only say one thing: DO IT!

Cheers,
Euan

Posted on June 28, 2016 modmichaela in News | Leave a comment